Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sweet tooth

This year I became a substitute teacher. Now from my business classes I know that I need to market myself since there are a lot of substitute teachers and the schools have their pick from the flock of us. So I did a few things right away to try and get a head start on the "competition". I ordered myself some business cards. I made a copy of the card before it went to print and saved it as a picture on my computer. I them emailed EVERY teacher, secretary, principle, and assistant principle that had their school email listed on their school website. I introduced myself, a little background info, and attached a copy of my "Virtual" business card for any future jobs.

Then I realized I needed to make official introductions in person. That is my plan for this week. But I do know that a good way for a person to remember you, and in my case pick me, is to remain in the front of their minds. What better way to do that than have something from me on their desk. That way they will call ME when they need a sub. It is marketing myself.

I came up with these little candy jars.











No comments:

Post a Comment