Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Harveys DAY!!!

Let me start out by saying "Yes, I am still alive." I really appreciate how many of you were questioning last week's dissaperance. I am glad to know that there are many of you out there that share my love and appreciation of Harveys Seatbelt Bags. With that being said...... Onto a new home where Harveys is loved.

Alandra "AJ" Galusha from Eugene, Oregon


I remember when I saw my first Harveys, it was a red large tote, while I was working at a make up counter about 7 years ago. I loved it but I did not follow up right away it would be another 2 years before I found the Seatbeltbags web site. Once I found they had so many colors and styles to choose from I was sold. My addiction started slowly I only had a handful of bags for the first few years. But then I found I was not alone in my appreciation, and that is when the enabling began. I will go more in to that soon. My collection is ever changing, but I would like to share a few of the special ones.
This is my One of a kind, Studly, I won him at the patchwork auction event to raise money for R.U.F.F. Harveys are known for their events.


There is funny story behind this must have bag. The day before the event I was at the store with one of the lovely woman I had met off their Facebook Page (Miss Erin Lane) and we were talking to Erin (the Harveys employee) about making a studded bag out of the feet, and like magic there it was at Patchwork) I took that as a sign I had to have this bag.

Shag Bag

Harveys has also worked with the Grand Central Art center with some very limited bags. I was lucky enough to snag one of 5 bags done with the Artist Shag. I was new to the artist but really like a lot of his work. Harveys has done multiple collaborations with other local artist, these are some of my all time favorite bags including my all time bag that may carry my ashes after die.
Death or Glory Bag
You are starting to get an idea of the variety offered by Harveys but what you may not understand is how this simple handbag as brought so many people together. I am a stay at home of one fantastic little boy (Cade) and follow my husband around the west coast for work. This leaves a lot of time on my hands. I met a lot of women with the same application of Harveys that I have on the Harveys Facebook page and was surprised by the almost cult following Harveys have. I would check in with from time to time but now it is always on my computer and I can't walk by my computer with out checking in on my new friends. These women are some of the most supportive, loyal and over all fantastic people I have met. We were brought together by an appreciation of bags but we talk about everything and often lean on each other for support. Of course we talk and trade bags but it has grown to be much more than that. 


First time meeting Sisters (what we call others who share our love)
Thanks AJ for hooking us up this week. I have to say that I have the special opportunity of meeting new friends through this specail community of Harveys Fans. I have high hopes for meeting many more later this year when I attemd the Fall LTD even at the Santa Ana Store.

If you are not near a store you can always shop online at www.seatbeltbags.com

1 comment: