Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Harveys Hump Day Purse Dump Day

Its a family thing.....

This is my friend Stephanie Edington-Shearer and her two daughters, Taylor and Dallas.


They reside in Miller, Missouri.

I recently asked Stephanie to be my guest dumper and to have her daughters join in. How cool to have something you love and can share with your daughters. (Ok, I might be a little jealous since I only have boys and if their dad caught them with a purse. Let's just say not pretty.)

"I bought my first Harvey's SBB in Oct 2006 from a store in Columbia, MO.  My sister's friend owned the boutique, and had actually given my sister, Tiffany her first SBB the Christmas before.  She told Tiffany that she had just gotten a new shipment in and would be putting them out that weekend.  That Friday I saw pink and brown Rugby...it was love at first sight.  And thisclose to ending my marriage.  My husband was with me when I bought the bag, and NOT HAPPY about me spending $168 "on a purse".  He still isn't happy when I buy a new one, but my marriage and Rugby, are still intact and going strong!


This was also the bag that my girls fell in love with, and started their love affair with Harvey's.  I talked my husband into letting me buy Taylor, the oldest, a black and white MM (mini messenger) for her birthday the following January.  Then, that September, we bought her sister, Dallas, a Stardust baguette for her birthday.  Since then, all of our collections have grown. We have added bags, minnies, wallets (full and clutch), rosettes, lanyards, click-n-go wristlettes, change purses, checkbook covers and make-up bags.



Dallas and I did a bag dump. (Taylor is working 2 jobs, so we don't see her very much.)  I have actually been using 3 bags the past 2 days, so i had to dump all three: storm MM, Rugby and Lavender boxy.  Dallas uses Stella constantly, so she just dumped one. It's amazing how much a bag will hold!
Both girls have received bags for Christmas last year. 


 Taylor got a Purple Haze boxy!! 


Dallas got a much coveted large Stella.  Dallas was just a little surprised!


It has been wonderful to pass my love of Harvey's and Seatbelt Bags on to the girls.  Taylor will be starting college this fall, and Purple Haze will be accompanying her on this new chapter in her life."
 And from the looks of things it will be a new chapter of bags as she grows. The girls are beautiful Stephanie!! Thank you for sharing with us this week. It is always great to see a tradition in progress.

The Harvyes website is a great place to find your own bag or one as a gift. This last First Friday there were Picnic and a bike basket. Very cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment