Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Harveys Hump Day

We all have our little niche, something we like to do, enjoy doing, and are kind of good at. I like to think I am kind of good at taking photos of my family. I have tried the creativity thing a few times with crafts. I am not too bad but I will leave it to the experts.

I have the great pleasure of knowing some ladies that have amazing talents.

Sarah Sandusky Ferrie is from Tucson, AZ

She has an Associate's Degree in Digital Art, a Bachelor' Degrees in Graphic Information Technology, and is currently taking classes towards a Master's in Graphic Information Technology and Technical Writing.
Whew, this is one smart chica!! Not to mention the talent.

Earlier this year a group of wonderful ladies I know were holding a contest "Design Your Own LTD." There were a lot of GREAT bags. But there could only be one winner. The contest caught the attention of the Harveys as well. After all the voting was finished we had a winner!!!

This was the bag that Sarah designed and won first place with. Great right? It got better. Dana Harvey donated the winning prize!!! Ok, it gets better. Sarah won a bag that had been made as a prototype but never put into production!!! You can check out the Harveys Blog to see their post about this winning bag.



She still amazes me with he skills and creativity.




 "I was introduced to Harvey's in 2004, by a classmate in one of my Graphic Design classes. I loved the idea of using seatbelts in various colors to create something that was usable AND cute. I love that they are DIFFERENT. They're not the same old bag you see everyone carrying, and are guaranteed to get tons of compliments."

Thanks for sharing your creativity with the world Sarah. We never know where we might see some of your designs. The Harveys' Themselves seem to have taken some notice.

Check out http://www.seatbeltbags.com/ to find your own. Do you have any of your own ideas for a new bag?


No comments:

Post a Comment