Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Harveys Hump Day Dump Day

Last week I told you I have a special treat for you all. This week is super exciting for me and I am sure you will recognize our featured dumper.

If you have ever visited or even called the Harveys Santa Ana store you could have encountered this person. Do you follow the Harveys Blog? I have seen HIS face there too!! That's right. You asked and I delivered. We are going to see a Black Label Wallet (maybe more), but from WHO??

Ladies and Gentleman, I introduce you to Christopher Montes.

"Hello! I'm Christopher Montes, Customer Service Manager at Harveys. I started my career at Harveys back in 2006, but my first introduction to the company was in 2004 by a former coworker from Allstate that carried a Harveys Classic Red Large Tote. The first day she brought her Seatbeltbag to work changed my life forever!  It’s as if by magic the steps that followed to get me exactly where I am today. I am thankful each day I work because I love the Harveys, I love everyone on Team Harveys and I enjoy working in the exciting environment Harveys Industries provides. At Harveys, I’m celebrated for my strengths as well as my quirks, and personally, what I find most important is I get to be myself, every single day!

 I was stoked when Mindy asked me to participate and be a featured “Dumper” on her blog, and I’m more than willing to celebrate hump day with you by giving a sneak peek inside some of my very own personal Harveys pieces.
First up is my Black Label Wallet in Black. Each piece I own represents a Harveys career moment in time for me.  This reminds me of being promoted to Store Manager in 2009 and being gifted a wallet. When it comes to what goes in my pocket, I try and keep it simple! In the wallet you’ll find my Driver License, debit card, AAA card, Target card, Disneyland Annual Passport, personal Harveys business card, cash and Harveys Website cards for the impromptu moments in life when someone asks me, “Where did you get your Seatbeltbag?!?”


Sometimes, a guy’s got to stash away his phone! When I go to an event like a concert, I use a Minnie Wristlet to carry all the same items I’d normally house in my Black Label Wallet in addition to my iPhone! Before my bike was stolen last summer, I’d throw a Minnie Wristlet around the handle bars and I’d be set for an adventure!


My Executive Laptop bag in Army reminds me of my first week at Harveys. I was allowed to pick out any bag of my choice and I knew right away the silhouette for me and I’ve used that bag almost every day since December of 2006. It’s never been sent to our Bag Spa and it’s never needed a repair. Oh the stories my bag could tell if it could talk…

Inside I carry my 15” Gateway Laptop, laptop charger, iPhone charger, iPhone, Lady GaGa Heartbeats headphones, Hot Pink Dr. Grip Pen that a sweet customer gave me (hey Jane, hey!), Harveys Classic Clutch in Violet (same size as convertible clutch where I store all my unmentionables), “I Am A Seatbeltbag” SeatbeltStrap Tote (Dana gave me this for helping with a project and I use it for spontaneous shopping trips I justify to myself by being “green”), the keys to my life, Harveys folder for my current work projects, upcoming look books and a Sharpie.

I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing a lil’ bit of my collection! Thanks for thinking of me for this opportunity, Mindy! I wish to all of you Harveys Original Seatbeltbag “toters” that your collections bring many years of friendly compliments to come. Keep on bloggin’, Mindy!

XOXO,
Christopher at Harveys"

WOW!! This blog was SO much fun for me, and Christopher is the one who did all the work. My deepest thanks to Christopher for sharing with us and making it so much fun!! Next time I am in So Cal I will be making a special trip to the store. For those of you have never been, like myself, there is a Harveys Museum on the third floor of the Santa Ana store that is well worth the trip. That's right, thre are THREE floors of Harveys goodness. But let's be real, the bags and employees are more than worth the trip as well.

There is also a Harveys store in Chino Hills. This is the only store I have ever had the opportunity to visit and the service I have always encountered has been extremly plesent and helpful. After all, they understand my crazy love.

Don't forget to stop buy the Harveys website and find your own love.

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait for September to arrive. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! Great Job Mindy and Christopher ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool!! Thanks for sharing Mindy and Christopher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lols, that top photo gives a whole new meaning to "bag spa".

    This blog kicks much butt. Hump Day is officially "Min-day", imo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's such a sweetie. Great spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too Cool. Thanks so much Mindy and Christopher.
    Christopher is so fun to work with. We are all very blessed to have him at HARVEYS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing with us Christopher! Love the Blog Mindy!

    ReplyDelete