Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Harveys Hump Day Purse Dump Day

It is that time of week again where I introduce you to a different Harveys Seatbelt Bag from a different home across America. This week we have April Millikan from Norwalk, California. She recently celebrated her birthday so I would like to send her some Happy Birthday Love!!!

April brings us a bag I have not had the opportunity to try out. And yet the more I see one I think I need to find myself one.

April Millikan and her Medium Scully Bag

"Let me introduce Scully.  He is not my first and he is not my last, but he is one of my favorites.  BTW, I did say he.  He is the only male bag surrounded by a harem of female bags in my collection.  Not sure why we label them he or she, but to us they are like a guy naming their cars, usually with female names.  Plus it doesn’t feel right saying “it”.
My collection started in 2004 with the infamous Jean Genie.  Since then I have never owned any other bag besides Harveys and my collection grows and grows every day.  Scully was a bag that as soon as I saw him, I knew I had a bag emergency and had to buy him that day. Lucky for me, the Santa Ana Harveys store is close to work; I bought Scully during my lunch hour.  There are two Scully bags, a Large Boat Tote and a Medium Boat Tote.  This Scully is a Medium Boat Tote and is perfect for everyday use. In fact, he even went with me on the set of Bones, the Fox TV show.  I was hired as a sign language consultant and he was the only bag that was fitting to go. 

Now for the inside…
The Medium Boat Tote is a really good size.  On average I carry three Harveys Minnies.  They hold all my little goodies to I can easily switch from one bag to another.  I have my Caddy Minnie to hold my mints, Aleve, nail files, Carmex and other small items.  My Disney Minnie holds my camera.  It is the perfect fit!  My Treecycle Minnie holds my iPod, headphones and of course the Harveys cards. One of the best thing Harveys does is put their cards in all their products.  Talk about smart advertising!!! Then I have my Forever Blue Jeans Clutch Wallet (she’s awesome!). A water bottle.  Harveys pencil pouch in Champagne.  I always have pens, pencils, sharpies, flash drive and a flash light handy. Cell phone.  Inhaler.  Wisp, amazing little one time use toothbrush, breath freshener thingys.  Work keys on a Harveys click n go in Champagne.  Car keys and house keys on Harveys click n go wristlet in Topaz. Hand sanitizer.  Lotion.  And the best accessory, black sparkly Clipa!!!! Did I forget anything? Do you see the kitchen sink?
I love my Harveys bags. They are unique, fun, durable, come in great colors and they are American made!!! I have been called a walking advertisement for Harveys, get asked if I work for the company, or if I make commission on anything.  I do not, I just love these bags.  Any one that knows me knows I am a Harveys girl for life!!
Thanks Mindy for this great honor.  Hope you all enjoy my bag dump."
April XOXO


Ok, I am in love with him!! Yes, Him. I think a lot of us have bags that take on their own persona. They have such personality. Thank you so much April for being the featured dumper this week. 
As always, you can find these amazing bags on their website HERE!! Don't forget to check back each First Friday of every month. So many bags go so very fast.
Check back for a new dump next week.

3 comments:

  1. Makes me think one of my Camo bags should be a he too.... Hmmm... I think a re-name is in process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you call it a "he" :)

    ReplyDelete