Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Harveys Hump Day Purse Dump Day

This is my dear friend Erin Lane from Tucson, AZ (and her mom) with Melanie at the Mother's Day Event in Chino Hills, Ca.


When I asked her to do this week's Harveys bag dump I knew it would be hard for her to pick which bag she would use. I have watched her collection grow leaps and bounds this past 6 months. She recently acquired one of her "dream bags."

"My first bag was left by the infamous jolly guy himself, Santa Claus, on December 25, 2005. Her name is Big Red. A red large tote. One word sums her up…Gorgeous. Yes, she is still mine, the bag that turned my best friend Michelle on to Harveys, and the bag that will never leave me. Since 2005, my collection has grown from one bag to a wonderful twenty-five with numerous accessories. I highly doubt that number will get any smaller. With all of the surprises Harveys have up their sleeves, I will be building a hut out of my bags, just to have a roof over my head."
 Alas, she was able to decide on a bag, her Paint By Numbers 1 AND 2!! Yep, she thought it was so nice she bought it twice!! Ok, my sad attempt at humor.

"P.B.N. is an abbreviation that is music to my ears. Paint By Numbers Large Satchel, the answer to my dreams. This is a bag that I have waited years and years to have in my collection. Love at first sight is the only way to describe it. To me, this bag is perfection. It is a little piece of multiple Harveys all wrapped up in one. What makes it better, she has a sister. Paint By Numbers II. Taking those colors that pop most, adding a little pattern and you have that beauty. These two bags are to me what Rene Zellweger was to Tom Cruise in the movie Jerry McGuire. Completion, they complete me."

PBN Enjoying a ride!!

"If we take a look inside one of my bags on a daily basis, this is what you will find:
My keys, complete with a Harveys Click-n-go Wristlet, in the amazing red color
 Harveys Lucky Minnie Wristlet, (which holds anything from Jolly Ranchers, to my camera and iPod, to other needed things)
 Harveys Red Full Wallet
Endless supply of Chapstick
Inhaler
Body spray and hand lotion
Writing pens galore
 Harveys handout cards
Nail file
Cell phone
and….. a Sharpie. My purse will usually have a Sharpie (you never know when you will run into a celebrity or need to draw a mustache on a poster of a gorgeous man or woman…kidding).
 Depending on what day it is and what I am doing, this bag can sneak snacks into a movie theater, carry a bottle of water or three and all the other randoms that I get handed throughout the day."

"Harveys Seatbelt Bags are leaving their mark in my family and with my friends. Within the last year, I have turned my sister in law, my mother, co-workers, fellow students, and friends into lovers.
 My five year old niece is the most recent to receive a bag from me. Yes, I said five. She begged, even snagged one of my minnie wristlets, to be like her Auntie Erin. Her birthday just passed, and the smile on her face when she saw her bag, priceless. It was almost as wonderful as the smile she had walking down Main Street in Disneyland for the first time. Almost. My father is going to be the next lucky person to be wowed by Harveys. He’s lucky enough to have a present on his way for Father’s Day. They don’t understand my love completely yet, but they are trying.
It doesn’t matter how you look at it, I am in love. I am a Harveys fan, I am a seatbelt bag."

Thanks Erin for sharing with us. I am a fellow PBN lover. And your niece is SO STINKIN" CUTE!!
Don't worry, I understand your love. So do many others.

As always you can find your own Harveys Bag on their website. There is sure to be one that fits you best. Have a great week everyone and check back next week for our next featured dumper.
This one is going to be good!! I have some treats up my sleeve!!

No comments:

Post a Comment